Toshima is one of the most international wards in Tokyo, Japan. It is one of the eight central wards of the Tokyo Metropolitan area. Located in the northern area of Tokyo, Toshima is bordered by the wards of Nerima, Itabashi, and Kita wards, in the north, and Nakano, Shinjuku and Bunkyo in the south. The ward is totally full of all types of stores and The influx of artists and international people has meant that the trendy and somewhat alternative history of Ikebukuro has followed on and continues to the present day. Nowadays, this district is buzzing with life, art, excitement, and music.
Living in Toshima
Toshima Ecomusee Town is a multi-use complex combining public facilities, private establishments including stores, offices and medical institutions, and housing. It has created a place to gather and live based on the concept of ”tree-like architecture.” An earthquake-resistant, high-rise building with two additional levels above the roof, it rises from the B3 (basement) to the 49th floor. Public and business facilities occupy the verdant lower floors, while there are medical institutions, convenience stores and restaurants on the first and second floors. The main Toshima Ward Office takes up the third to ninth floors, and there is a multipurpose hall (Toshima Center Square) on the first floor. On the tenth floor is a garden terrace open to all. It is a short walk from Higashi-Ikebukuro Station on the Tokyo Metro Yurakucho Line, or from Zoshigaya Station on the Toden Arakawa Line.
Points of Interest
The focal point of much of the entertainment in and around Ikebukuro, Sunshine City sports some of the best shopping and dining in Toshima.
- Mejiro Garden
- Nagasaki Shrine
- Rikkyo University Ikebukuro Campus
- Seibu Ikebukuro Main Store
- Sky Circus Sunshine 60 Observatory
- Sugamo Jizo-dori Shopping Street
- Sunshine Aquarium
- Sunshine City
- Togenuki Jizo Kogan Temple
- Tokyo Metropolitan Theatre
Local Japan – Renting an Apartment as a Woman in Tokyo
- Ikebukuro – https://www.gotokyo.org/en/tourists/areas/areamap/ikebukuro.html
- Shop | Sunshine city – https://www.sunshinecity-global.com/en/shop/
- Sunshine Aquarium, Ikebukuro – https://bestlivingjapan.com/sunshine-aquarium-ikebukuro/
- About Tokyo Metropolitan Theatre – https://www.geigeki.jp/english/about/index.html
- Rikkyo University Ikebukuro Campus – https://www.odigo.jp/spots/4725-rikkyo-university-ikebukuro-campus
- Discover Grandma’s Harajuku! 9 Things to Do in Sugamo Jizo-Dori Shopping Street – https://digjapan.travel/en/blog/id=11843