The ward is generally a great place to live in. Just because living in Nakano means that all your needs and requirements will be met in one place.
Located west of Shinjuku, Nakano is a densely populated area, full of cheap retails, shopping, accommodations, and restaurants. Just like any place in Tokyo, you can find a small shrine and vintage shops any corner you turn in Nakano.
Check our VLOG to discover the ward in video!
With over 350 shops and endless merchandise and souvenirs, Nakano Broadway is a destination for every shopper. It is often comparable to Akihabara.
Additionally, during hanami season, it is one of the great places to see cherry blossoms in Tokyo, especially at Araiyakushi Park.
Nakano Central Park
Nakano Central Park is a great place to relax as well. You can relaxed here and surround yourself with university students from the nearby Nakano campus of Meiji University
Food-wise, Nakano is home to over 50 ramen restaurants and so, finding delicious ramen will be no problem.
Living in Nakano
Nakano is considered as one of Shinjuku’s nicest neighborhood. Though not the the most affordable, living in Nakano allows easy to access to popular areas of Tokyo such as Shinjuku and Shibuya.
Like any neighborhoods in Tokyo, you will be able to find many local restaurants and a variety of dishes and meals, especially since the ward is closer to popular central spots in the city.
The locals are generally families, businessmen, and university students, easily integrating yourself in a Japanese neighborhood.
Once you live in Nakano, most likely you won’t want to move out.
Nakano ward is served by six railway lines: JR East Chūō (Rapid) and Chuo-Sobu lines, Seibu Shinjuku Line, Tokyo Metro Tozai and Marunouchi Line, and the Toei Oedo Line. One of the biggest station in Nakano is Nakano Station.
Points of Interest
- Araiyakushi Temple
- Egota Park
- Jouganji Temple
- Momijiyama Park
- Nakano Broadway
- Nakano Central Park
- Nakano-ku History and Folklore Museum
- Nakano Rengazaka Street
- Nakano Shiki no Mori Park
- Nakano Street
- Nakano Sun Mall Shopping Street
- Nakano Sunplaza
- Nakano Zero, Momijiyama Culture Center
- Tetsugakudo Koen
- Yakushi Ai Road Shopping Street
- Zenkoji Temple
Local Japan: We now in live in Japan! How amazing is that!
Local Japan: A Call to Nakano
- Who Needs Akihabara When There’s Nakano Broadway? – https://tokyocheapo.com/lifestyle/nakano-broadway-akihabara/
- Yakushi Ai Road Shopping District – https://www.odigo.jp/spots/5321-yakushi-ai-road-shopping-district
- Araiyakushi Baishoin Temple – http://tokyo.com/guide/see-do/araiyakushi-baishoin-temple/
- Nakano Central Park – https://www.gotokyo.org/en/spot/104/
- Nakano Nightlife – https://travel.navitime.com/en/area/jp/guide/NTJarea0036-en/
- Cultural Facilities – http://www.city.tokyo-nakano.lg.jp/dept/102500/d010046.html