Chuo, located at the heart of Tokyo, is historically the main commercial center of Tokyo. Most of your shopping can be done in the most famous district in Chuo, Ginza, which is well known for its upscale shopping areas. With numerous high end department stores, boutiques, restaurants, and cafes, it is considered one of the most luxurious and elegant area even in the world. With a history of commerce, it’s not a surprise that Nihonbashi is a headquarter to many companies and large businesses. It is no coincidence that The Bank of Japan can also be found in Chuo-ku.
Although Chuo is not a place to sightsee, Tsukiji fish market is the best destination to go for sushi, sashimi, and seafood products. With numerous of ports nearby, its local has access to the most fresh and high quality seafood. It is the largest fish market in the world handling more than 450 seafood products.
If you love a fast paced city life, Chuo is the place to live.
Living in Chuo
Popular areas to reside in are Nihonbashi, Kyobashi, and Tsukishima. However, given their close proximity to desirable amenities, living costs are much higher than compared to that of an area farther away. Not to mention, the commerce and local culture is much more upscale since Ginza is branded with prestigious department stores and boutiques. Therefore, you can find many high rise condominiums and young Japanese families.
One of the most famous station in Tokyo is Tokyo Station.
You can find six Shinkansen, seven railway, and one subway line to get you anywhere in Japan. Additionally, there are three Toei subway lines serving stations throughout the ward.
Main Points of Interest
- Bank of Japan
- Hamarikyu Gardens
- Kabuki-za Theater
- Mitsui Memorial Museum
- Nihonbashi/Edo Bridge
- Tsukiji Fish Market
- Tsukiji Hongan-ji Temple
- Tsukishima for Monjayaki
A Glimpse into the World of the Japanese (Secondhand) Kimono – https://www.japanroomfinder.com/en/blog/japanese-secondhand-kimono/
- Ginza – https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3005.html
- Tokyo: 10 Things to Do – 1. Tsukiji Fish Market – TIME – http://content.time.com/time/travel/cityguide/article/0,31489,1897812_1897772_1897703,00.html
- Hamarikyu Gardens – A Secret Japanese Gardens in the Heart of Tokyo – https://fastjapan.com/en/p110439
- Kabukiza Theatre Information|Theatres|KABUKI WEB – https://www.kabukiweb.net/theatres/kabukiza/information/index.html
- Chuo – https://www.gojapango.com/location/tokyo/tokyo/chuo/
- Tsukiji Honganji Temple – JW Web Magazine – https://jw-webmagazine.com/tsukiji-honganji-temple-6eaca8114234